Spirit of The Gulf Rentals would like to welcome you to the beautiful emerald coast. We hope you enjoy your vacation and would like to address our rental policies which will guarantee a fun informed and relaxing vacation.Acts of God
Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals will not be liable for any events beyond our control which may interfere with Tenants/Guests scheduled occupancy. This is including, but not limited to, Acts of God, acts of government, fire, tornado, ice storms, environmental issues, inclement weather, bridge closures, severe weather, tornados, hurricanes, loss of electricity, loss of water, strikes or war. No refunds or rebates will be given in these circumstances. Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals recommends you purchase travel insurance for each reservation. You can click the link below to purchase travel insurance. https://www.travelinsurance.com/?utm_source=pap&a_aid=5a57e15d2e817
Advance Reservations, Rates & Fees
• Reservations will be accepted up to one (1) year in advance. Rates will not be guaranteed. Rates are based on property features, location and season.
• Rates are subject to change without notice. Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals reserves the right to correct/change rates that may have been misquoted due to human and/or computer error.
• A fifty (50%) down payment per reservation is required per reservation is required at time of booking.
• Sales tax, damage deposit and a one-time administration fee will be added to all reservations. There is also a housekeeping fee will also be added to all reservations which covers the cleaning of the property upon departure.
• Spirit Of The Gulf Rental properties are primarily Family Rentals and most condo’s, townhomes or family homes, etc., will not be rented to vacationing students or young adults (under the age of 25) unless accompanied by a responsible parent or legal guardian over the age of twenty-five (25). Our rental units are monitored for violation of this policy. All violators will be evicted with all rental payments being forfeited and additional charges will be applied. A parent/legal guardian over the age of twenty-five (25) must be staying in the unit at all times and during spring break season Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals requires one adult for every two people under the age of twenty-five Any and all reservations made under false pretense are null and void and check-in will not be allowed.
• For rentals under the age of twenty-five (25), please contact our office at 855-275-0002.
Agent for Owner
• Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals serves as the agent for the owner of the rental property.
Beach & Boardwalk Access
• Since our area is prone to have hurricanes which may change the landscape in the area, Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals cannot guarantee docks, steps, boardwalks or beach access at all times. Some of these may be missing due to a tropical storm and/or hurricane. Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals will always strive to keep the property updated with the latest information, but you may call our office at 855-275-0002 should you have questions regarding access from your condo/home to the beach.
• Please keep our beaches beautiful. Please remove all chairs, toys and umbrellas from the beach each day. All items left on the beach will be removed by Code Enforcement and may not be recoverable.
• Some beach areas do not permit tents larger than 6’x6’ so please keep this in mind when visiting the beach.
• Glass is prohibited on the beach. Please do not dig holes more than a foot deep and always fill them in before you leave. No dogs allowed on the beach and no camping on the beach. It is unlawful to pick sea oats and stay off the dunes. Respect wildlife and avoid nesting sea turtles. Please dispose of any trash and “leave no trace” when enjoying our beautiful emerald coast.
• Please observe all flags posted at public beach access for safety.
o Double Red Flag – Water closed to public
o Red Flag – High Hazard – high surf and/or strong currents
o Yellow Flag – Moderate Surf – medium hazard
o Green Flag – Calm Conditions – low hazard
o Purple Flag – Dangerous Marine Life
• Rip currents – If you find yourself caught in a rip current, don’t panic or swim against the current until it dissipates. Swim parallel to shore and back in to the beach. Lifeguards are seasonal, so please always use caution while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico.
• Beach service is seasonal between March and October and offered at select properties if weather is permitting.
• Bicycle service is seasonal and only offered at select properties. Any complimentary bicycles are the sole responsibility of the rental guest and any loss of equipment or damage will be billed to the guest.
• No children under the age of five (5) should be permitted to sleep on the top bunk of a bunk bed.
Cancellation of Reservations
• You may cancel sixty (60) days before the start of the stay and will receive a one-hundred (100%) percent refund. Bookings cancelled at least thirty (30) days before the start of the stay will receive a fifty (50%) percent refund.
• Once your reservation has been confirmed, any cancellations, date or property changes will be subject to this cancellation policy. We strongly recommend purchasing Travel Protection Insurance, which can be purchased in the link provided below to prevent loss of rental payment.
• Check-in time is after 4 PM CST. In some cases, access to your unit may be delayed due to cleaning or maintenance issues. There will be no discounts offered due to a late check-in. Your patience will be appreciated in these circumstances.
Check-In ~ Express
• Express check-in is available at some of our properties which have a keyless entry door lock. If this option is available at the property you rented, you will be notified at the time of booking if this is an option. We will email your arrival instructions several days prior to your scheduled arrival date. With express check-in, this allows you to go directly to your vacation rental without having to stop by our office to check-in. Your arrival instructions will contain directions, access codes and details on how to access the home. Check-in time will still be after 4:00 PM.
Check-In ~ Late Arrivals
• Any guests who will be arriving later than 5 PM should make late arrival arrangements by telephone by calling our office at 855-275-0002 prior to arrival.
• Checkout time is no later than 10 AM. If your checkout is after 10 AM and do not receive prior approval, you will automatically be charged a late checkout fee of fifty ($50.00) dollars. If you were issued any keys, cards or bands while checking in at our office, you must return them to our office where you received them. If you were not issued any keys, bands or cards and you had the option for an express check-in, please call us on our express checkout line to notify us that you have departed from the unit at (855) 275-0002.
• In order to avoid an additional cleaning fee, please leave the property in a neat and orderly condition. Please remove all trash from the unit and place in the proper containers. Please place all wet towels in the bathtub and load/start the dishwasher.
• Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals would like to remind you that sometimes you may experience construction in the neighborhood you are staying. Please be patient and if the experience is bothering your stay, please contact us and we will try to speak to the construction contractor. However, no refunds will be made in the event of construction noise or problems.
• A damage deposit in the amount of two-hundred fifty ($250) dollars will be collected on each reservation. This refundable damage deposit fee does NOT cover intentional damage, theft or breach of policies. Any damages that exceed that amount or that are not covered will be applied to the credit card that the reservation was made with.
• The guest must report any loss or damage to the unit or its contents immediately to Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals staff.
• No underage drinking allowed. If Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals is made aware of underage drinking, All Renters and their guests will be evicted.
• Golf carts are not permitted on highways or public roads. Some golf carts are not street legal and cannot be used outside of associations, so please adhere to the association rules regarding golf carts.
• Florida Statute 320, the operator of the golf cart must be sixteen (16) years of age or older and have a current and valid driver’s license. Any guest caught operating the golf cart under age, without a valid driver’s license will lose the golf cart privileges and Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals will not be held liable for any damages, injuries, towing or ticket violations caused by the misuse of the golf cart privileges. The guest will be responsible for any and all damages incurred while in the guests use.
• Some associations and communities do not allow golf cart rentals, so please check with Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals before renting a golf cart.
Good Neighbor Policy
• Some of our rental properties are in neighborhoods that include both long-term, short-term, and year-round residents. Guests must observe all rules and regulations related to the property they have rented, including, but not limited to, community rules, association rules and any other rules posted on the property or neighborhood.
• All guests, as well as owners are required to conform to all regulations and rules of the property.
• Please note that most properties do not allow boats, RV’s or trailers. Social or special events such as weddings, promotional or celebration events or several attendees that are not registered guests will not be permitted without permission in advance from Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals or the HOA as may be applicable.
• Your vacation unit will be cleaned to quality prior to your arrival and after your departure. You will be responsible for the cleaning of your unit during your stay and for leaving the unit in good condition upon checkout. Please treat the rental with the same care as you would your own home.
o Please put dishes in the dishwasher.
o Take all trash out
o Leave the property in a neat condition.
• If a hurricane or tropical storm threatens our area, we will receive evacuation instructions from the National Hurricane Center and our local governing officials. If there is a mandatory evacuation order, refunds will only be given by the Travel Insurance if you have purchased coverage before the storm was named. Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals will not issue refund of any rent payments.
• Most of our properties have internet access, either fee-based or free, through individual service providers. Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals does guarantee internet connectivity due to service being provided by an outside vendor, restrictions from personal computers and any other factors that may lead to interruption of internet service.
• The guest that is listed on the reservation is ultimately responsible for the actions during their stay. Any and all misuse that is reported will be dealt with for malicious or unethical activity up to and including anything that violates federal, copyright or provincial laws.
• If the internet service is inoperable, we will do our best to troubleshoot and or help you over the phone, but if it requires further assistance, the guest will be responsible for contacting the internet provider. No refunds will be given due to loss of internet.
• We will provide you with the Wi-Fi password upon check-in or it will be in your welcome packet.
• Guest(s) and Renter(s) shall hold harmless Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals and its employees or agents from and against all suits, claims, damages, losses expenses and costs arising from injury to any person or property occurring on or about the premises.
Key & Lock Out Policy
• All unit keys, pool band and key cards (when applicable) will be presented at check-in and must be returned at checkout.
• There will be a charge of $50.00 for each key/card/band not returned. In the event you are locked out of your rental home, contact our office or stop by for assistance. If calling after hours, select the Emergency or After-Hours option and a Spirit Of The Gulf Rental Agent will assist you. The fee for lock-outs can start at $50 and go up, depending on the situation, time and means of assistance.
• Linens are furnished in each rental property, but please bring your own beach towels and beach blankets as linens are not to be removed from the rental unit.
• An initial set up of bathroom paper, trash can liners and hand soap are provided, but guest will need to provide their own paper items and cleaning supplies. Extra items needed are the responsibility of the guest. Linens are an initial set up only and it is the renter’s responsibility to wash them if needed.
• Please report all maintenance items and or issues and we will respond to them as soon as possible. Please do not leave any doors or windows open while the A/C or heaters are operating. Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals’ staff may enter the property to respond to any maintenance and/or housekeeping issues during your stay.
• No refund or rate adjustment will be made for unforeseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, television or cable service, appliances, etc.
• To avoid any unnecessary charges to credit card resulting from service call for a/c or refrigerator, please note:
o Please do not set thermostat controls below 70 degrees or have doors open with a/c unit running. This will leave the system unable to cool for 12 hours. Guest will be charged service call if air unit freezes due to misuse or turning down too low.
o Please remember that the refrigerator controls should be set to medium at all times. When putting warm food into an empty refrigerator, it may take 24 hours for food to cool. When you are at home, you are adding food a few items at a time, not all warm food at once. If you call for a fridge not cooling, and it was only due to filling it up, you will more than likely incur a service charge for someone to come out.
Method of Payment
• Reservations thirty (30) days or more in advance, the method of payment is by credit card for the reservation deposit. Your final payment is due within fourteen (14) days prior to arrival. We will accept personal checks for final payment as long as the payment has thirty (30) days to process before your checkout date. All forms of payment are in US dollars only.
Minimum Night Stay
• Rates are based on a minimum of three (3) night stays and this depends on the season of the reservation per property.
• Condo’s and homes are usually controlled by a Home/Condo association and they have very strict rules that must be respected (parking, no golf cart rentals/parking, no pets, no hanging items form balconies, etc., please contact Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals for any other rules in the unit/home you are renting.
• All of Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals list “maximum sleeping” availability for each property. To maintain the rules for each home/association and comfort for each property, any access must be approved by the management company prior to arrival. We want you to enjoy you stay, but it must be within the legal limits of occupancy.
Owner’s Closet / Garages
• Most of our rentals have owner’s closets which are locked, and they are off limits to guests. These are for housekeeping and owner’s only. Garages are also considered an “owner’s storage and/or housekeeping area” and they are off limits to guest. Any violation of these areas will result in additional charges to guests if these areas are damaged.
• Parking is limited to two cars per property unless otherwise noted. Each Association regulates the number of parking passes issued to rental guests for each size property within the building or neighborhood. No trailers/boats allowed unless otherwise posted on property description.
• Spirit of the Gulf Rentals will not be held responsible for acts of vandalism, theft or damages to the guest’s personal items left in the rental property. Management nor the Owner is responsible for any personal items left on the property by any guest upon departure.
• No pets are allowed in rental units that are not pet friendly. If a pet is in a property that does not allow pets is grounds for immediate eviction without a refund. You will incur an additional charge for carpet cleaning and flea spray if any evidence of a pet is found in your unit or on the premises.
Property Rules & Regulations
• Please observe all rules and regulations governing the use of the property you are occupying. These rules apply to both owners and guests and failure to comply can result in eviction.
• No discounts or refunds will be given for late arrivals or early departures.
• No discounts or refunds will be given for maintenance issues pertaining to the unit, elevator problems, internet service, pool, hot tub, golf, tennis, etc., shut down for service or maintenance that is beyond our control as these items are managed by the complexes association and not Spirit Of the Gulf Rentals.
• A minimum payment of 50% down per reservation is required to confirm your reservation. Final rental payments are due in full fourteen (14) days prior to arrival.
• All payments may be made by credit card, travelers check, cash, bank money order or personal check with personal identification. Once you have paid on the reservation, the reservation is considered confirmed and is subject to the cancellation policy. All rental payments are held in an interest-bearing escrow account where all interest will accrue to Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals.
• All guests are responsible for the property, the contents, themselves and visitors during occupancy. All guests must lock doors and windows securely when they are not on the premises. The guest named on the reservation personally guarantees the safe keeping of the rental property during their stay and will be responsible for ensuring that themselves and all guests, whether they are registered in the property or not, abide and adhered to the regulations and rules affecting the building and the community you are staying in at all times.
Security of Personal Property
• Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals will not be held responsible for any acts of theft, vandalism, Acts of God or any other damages to personal property or any personal property left behind. If items are found and you request them to be returned, we will contact you to get a payment method to return your item at your expense.
• Smoking is strictly prohibited in all rental units. You will incur an additional charge for carpet cleaning and deodorizing if any evidence of smoking is found in your unit. Please make sure that all doors are closed while you are smoking as the smell can drift back into the rental.
• Under no circumstances can units can be sublet. Your reservation is not transferable to any other party.
• To avoid additional charges for trash removal, please remove all trash when you depart. Please review your trash instructions in your rental packet as it pertains to the rental property.
Travel Protection Insurance
• Travel insurance is available through Travel Protection and the link is below.
• The plan is optional, but we strongly recommend it. In case of any unforeseen events, this insurance helps to protect your vacation investment. If you choose not to purchase this coverage, no refunds will be given.
• Spirit Of The Gulf Rentals reserves the right to change unit assignments or move reservations without notice. When you confirm a reservation, a unit will be assigned; however, no unit request is guaranteed. If a change becomes necessary, every attempt will be made to contact you and find a comparable rental unit. However, if another property is not available, a full refund will be applied.
• All rental units provide the same basic furnishings and equipment. Some rental units may have one or more lockers/closets that are reserved for storage of owner’s property and are not included in the rental and these “owner’s closets” are locked for that purpose.
• If the unit is pet friendly, we will require a $200.00 non-refundable pet deposit. Pet owners will be financially responsible for any additional damages and extra cleaning.